Inside the Newsroom @ Chelsea, Dexter

The official blog for The Chelsea Standard and Dexter Leader


Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall weather brings back memories

Last weekend, during a rare break between homework and my responsibilities in Chelsea and Dexter, I was able to enjoy an afternoon at Apple Charlie's Cider Mill near Flat Rock. Though most of the morning was rainy and cold, my girlfriend, brother, and I found some fun with the U-pick apples. After about an hour of picking various apples from the orchard (Yellow Delicious are my favorites), we enjoyed a nice hot cup of apple cider and some apple cinnamon bread.

The fall is one of my favorite times of the year because it brings back so many fun memories of growing up in Michigan. From raking leaves in the backyard with my brother, to trick-or-treating in our neighborhood with mom and dad, there was always something fun and exciting going on in my home.

Memories are funny things. They also make you miss friends and family members that are no longer around. My mom still lives in Texas, and whenever the family up in Michigan does something I know she would enjoy, I miss her even more. Mom always liked cider mills. She also always found a way to entertain my brother, sister, and I growing up.

As we continue this busy week ahead, I urge everyone to take some time out of their day and think about the little things that they take for granted but provide so much fun and entertainment. And go grab yourself a gallon of cider and be a kid again!

D.L.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]