Inside the Newsroom @ Chelsea, Dexter

The official blog for The Chelsea Standard and Dexter Leader


Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chelsea Relay for Life impresses


So far I have three Dexter Relay for Life's under my belt, so this was my first year covering the one in Chelsea, and it was a very impressive display the connections that exist not just in the Chelsea community, but with other communities as well.

Manchester and Dexter had a presence. Manchester's CRC team and Michelle Mrocko's team were present. A team from Pinckney with a touching story that I won't spoil here will be the main portion of Thursday's Chelsea Relay for Life coverage.

When I left them Saturday afternoon the RLF organizers were fervently counting the money they had raised. As I spoke to some of the teams a couple of fundraising milestones were announced. Can't wait to see the preliminary numbers Monday evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]