Inside the Newsroom @ Chelsea, Dexter

The official blog for The Chelsea Standard and Dexter Leader


Friday, October 22, 2010

Tis the season for spooky scares

Halloween is once again upon us. And, though I don't have any children of my own, it still remains one of my favorite holidays. Though gone are the days of trick-or-treating, my siblings and I still enjoy celebrating Oct. 31 with parties, movies, and all things "scary."

Last week, we took to the stores to find the perfect pumpkins for our annual carving night. For the past three years, since I moved back to Michigan, our tradition has been to carve pumpkins while watching one of the old childhood flicks, this year being "Ernest Scared Stupid." I know what your thinking: There's nothing scary about this movie. And you would be right, there isn't. But it is funny, and downright ridiculous. I won't go into the details of one Ernest P. Worrell, but if you have just the slight interest in ol' EPW, you can read about it here.

However, there are plenty of other scarier film for the true horror fan out there. My favorites are listed below in no particular order:

1) Halloween

2) A Nightmare on Elm Street

3) The Shining

4) Amityville Horror

5) The Exorcist

6) Mirrors

7) The Omen

8) Arachnophobia

9) Saw

10)Mothman Prophecies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]