Inside the Newsroom @ Chelsea, Dexter

The official blog for The Chelsea Standard and Dexter Leader


Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holidays are a time for praise

Ever gone shopping during the holidays and gotten bad service at the counter? Next time you get to the counter and you see the clerk having a bad day or maybe a hard time with the previous person in line take time out and think.
How would I act in a situation like that and what can I do to make that person's day go a little better?
I have worked in the public for many years. I have worked in retail and currently have been at the same big box store for the past 14 years. Prior to that I have worked retail in several different aspects.
I will tell you as a journalist dealing with people can be difficult but not quite as cumbersome. I talk to a lot of people on the phone or by email. I am not given that luxury at my other job. It is face-to-face and a lot of the people are not very happy.
Next time you go to the store remember that person behind the counter has a life outside the store. Smile at them. Make a little small talk and believe me it will make their life a little easier and you may even make a new friend. Praise goes a long way.
Dave Merchant is a staff writer for the Chelsea Standard and Dexter Leader and can be reached at 734-429-7380 or dmerchant@heritage.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]