Inside the Newsroom @ Chelsea, Dexter

The official blog for The Chelsea Standard and Dexter Leader


Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dexter is a nice place to visit

I guess the best thing for me to say is hello and I hope I do a good job with the Dexter Leader for the short time I am going to be here. Since taking over for the injured Sean Dalton I have met some interesting and very nice people in the community.
I am not use to traveling as far as I have been to get to events and meetings but I will do the best I can.
The Village of Dexter is an interesting place that has brought me back to some of my earlier days as a reporter. When I first started out I was covering the school board and crime at a daily paper in Kansas. After many years and quite a few sports games and features I find myself back doing the same thing. The schools in this area are fantastic and so far all the people and students I have met are good as well.
The Dexter Village Council is also very good at what they do. I have enjoyed learning about the projects in the community as well as many other issues in the area.
I look forward to also helping in Chelsea and getting even more stories from out there. The best thing any reporter can have is sources and people with ideas.
Please get in touch with me by email or phone if you have any ideas for stories (good or bad) I will listen and not judge.
My email is address is dmerchant@heritage.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]